April Figone, AKA Grapes as I call her, is Senior Vice President of Marketing & Corporate Access at D.A. Davidson & Co. She's probably one of the most strongest, yet lighthearted women I know -- she embraces everybody yet maintains a sense of sass.
1. What is your life motto right now?
Life goes by quickly. Try to enjoy each day to its fullest.
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
Anything from the 70’s that I can sing with. Always makes me happy.
3. Your Top Three Books of All Time:
“Living with Joy” by Sanaya Roman (or any of her books - they are the type that you flip open randomly and the paragraph your eyes land on has some relevance in your life in the moment)
“Way of the Peaceful Warrior” by Dan Millman
“The Relatives Came” by Cynthia Rylant (a picture book I used to read to the girls - makes me smile and reminds me of days when I was young)
4. Your Approach to Health in One Sentence:
Maintain or lose it.
5. Your Approach to Happiness in One Sentence:
Most days I choose happiness.
6. Your Approach to Dating in One Sentence:
Love and love deeply.
7. Most cringe date:
Date with a guy friend in college to a frat party that turned nightmarish after drinking juice spiked with Everclear. My roommate came to the rescue and rode me home on her bike.
8. Your most used word:
You snooze, you lose. (words)
9. Last screenshot:
Country Fair, July 24 2019
10. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
Take a very long walk. Journal. Slow down if possible.
11. Insert most used emoji:
12. Most inspiring quote:
I have many but this one is easily sung in my head - from Sivananda. “Serve. Love. Give. Purify. Meditate. Realize. Do good. Be good. Be kind. Be compassionate.”
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
A conversation with the man I’m dating.
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
Right now - the same man - he’s a great listener and so willing to put himself and his heart out there. Great qualities.
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
Don’t worry about what others think. They may have an opinion for a short time but they have their own shit and don’t really care about yours.
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
My ex-husband - because of him I have the three most important, loved and cherished people in my life.
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
Social media and overuse of technology - I miss the days when people called each other, met up for a run or sent letters to catch up rather than living virtually and posting their life online for all to see.
18. Something you feel like saying:
What you put out comes right back at you so put out to the world what you would like to see in your own life. Easier said than done…
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
Alaska Airlines website - I have been saving miles and would like to plan a multi month (year?) trip around the world.
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
I’m happiest when I am taking care of myself and connecting with the people I love.
21. Tag a gem who inspires you: (who you think would be down to do a quick interview):