Political science student, Aoife Dill, is one of those vessels who possesses wisdom beyond her years. She sits down with us to share the four best pieces of advice she's ever received, how she defines L-O-V-E, and the music she's rocking out to right now. Read on for a *hecka silly* time.
1. What is your life motto right now?
just do it (s/o Nike)- really relevant right now tho
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
3. Your approach to health in one sentence:
body is your home- take care of it (mentally and physically)
4. Your approach to happiness in one sentence:
1. Everything happens for a reason
2. Glass is half full/ happiness is a choice
3. Count your blessings (gratitude = key)
4. Get better not bitter (BIG SEAN)
5. Your approach to dating/love in one sentence:
A healthy relationship is composed of THREE relationships (love/wholesomeness within
yourself, love/wholesomeness within your partner, love/wholesomeness together).
What will happen, will happen — let it be (love yourself before anyone else)/don’t force
6. Most cringe date:
Two 15 year olds at a movie theater — he put his arm around me and my stomach was grumbling the whole time cuz i didn’t want to move to get the popcorn ;) cringing right now…
8. Your most used word:
The only legacy you can leave is
the way you make others feel.
10. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
1. write down ALL emotions in notebook — possibly cry? + make plan to feel better/
2. hang w a BFF and take mind off it or talk it out if needed
3. make a hot water bottle and cup of tea w some good YouTube
11. Insert most used emoji:
12. Most inspiring quote:
don’t try to change the world,
find something that you love
and do it every day.
do that for the rest of your life
the world will change.
— macklemore (king of seattle)
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
my best friend and i wrestling and her mom yelling at us to put one another out of a
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
mo — has the best meme collection, knows how to boost my spirit, share unforgettable
memories, we just sum gigglers
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
comparison is the enemy of contentment (thx mom)
career motivations: you are selling the hours of your life
(sell it doing something you love!!!!!)- (WatchCut- youtube channel)
strive to reach acceptance, not perfection (rando Youtuber)
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." (#justAthiestThings)
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
moving to Seward Park @ 3 y/o- met my two bffs who taught me what true friendship is
and have always been a constant support in my life
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
tbh dont dig the “overrated” advice — i feel like if it means something to someone, it might not appeal to me necessarily but doesn’t mean it doesn’t change someone else’s
outlook on a matter
however, i have never been fond of the quote "just be yourself" — as long as it is “acceptable.” [it] also puts unnecessary pressure to know exactly who you are
18. Something you feel like saying:
the only legacy you can leave is the way you make others feel. take each day as it comes.
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
when I am around people I love and there are simply good vibes
21. Tag a gem who inspires you: