Leah Wetzel was my first new friend when I moved to LA. She's a Yoga Sculpt instructor at Corepower, a spicy margarita lover, and exudes energy. She's teaching VIRTUAL yoga sculpt classes at @leahluv308, with the best playlist I've heard yet. She shares how her (three) trips to Bali this year shaped her POV on happiness...and it's prob not what you think.
1. What is your life motto right now?
Learn to feel at home within yourself. Going to Bali 3 times in the past year has made me realize while I do love it and feel so happy there, happiness is a state of mind, not a location. Deep-rooted issues and problems will follow you everywhere, so find true peace within yourself first so you can have that “Bali” mentality no matter where you are.
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
I'm not usually a huge “Swiftie, but ” Taylor Swift’s “The Man.” A friends brother was in the music video ( So LA ) and then I became a little addicted. Also GO Taylor for starring in and directing the whole video.
3. Your Top Three Books of All Time:
Honestly, this is making me realize I need to read more. I struggled to think of these answers. Hopefully, during this crazy time, I can start reading more!
4. Your Approach to Health in One Sentence:
Balance is key. I am that girl who eats a salad and then walks to Jeni’s for some ice cream.
5. Your Approach to Happiness in One Sentence:
Do not take yourself ( or anything ) too seriously.
6. Your Approach to Dating in One Sentence:
Just be yourself as the right person will love you for exactly who you are.
7. Funny / most cringe date:
A guy once told me he planned to murder someone in the past, but he decided against it.
8. Your most used word:
9. Last screenshot:
10. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
Take a sweaty yoga sculpt or Soul Cycle class!
Jump in the ocean! (When it's warm enough)
11. Insert most used emoji:
12. Most inspiring quote:
“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
This applies to traveling but also anything you want to do in life. Just dive right in and roll with it.
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Just about a million Corona Virus Quarantine memes
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
My twin 6-year-old nieces because they're so cute.
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
Basically anything around the idea of controlling and shifting your thoughts. It’s fascinating really. It is a concept I wish I discovered a long time ago and am still actively working on.
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
Laser Hair Removal and Microblading. Inquire for deets.
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
Follow Your Passion. ( In terms of work ) You should like your job, yes. But it is OKAY if your job is not your PASSION. You can still enjoy your passions on the side. As a matter of fact, a lot of times your job allows you the monetary means to enjoy your passions more! This is something I wish I realized at an earlier age. What I do think is important in any job you choose though is that you enjoy it, you are challenged, you are respected by your management and peers, and you have a good work/life balance.
18. Something you feel like saying:
Wash your hands. Seemed fitting.
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
This is making me realize I only use Instagram. I love dudewithsign on IG!
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
I am barefoot. all the best things happen then.
20. Tag a gem who inspires you:
Viveka Garza Gomez. She is a producer for Instagram, a Mexican American immigrant, an upcoming actress, my old roomie!