Sara Jane Clem paves her own way: a professional ballet dancer until she was 23, she changed career paths when she transitioned to sales at luxury gym Equinox. Most recently landed a job at WeWork, proving that drive is the most essential ingredient for getting and doing what you want.
1. What is your life motto right now?
Routine is boring, change is good. Keeps things exciting
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
Bennie and the Jets- Elton John. Hm idk why, but I’ve been feeling groovy recently and always loved that song.
3. Top three books of all time:
TBH, I’m very ADHD and it was always very hard for me to enjoy books/movies. That’s why I ended up a professional ballerina until I was 23.
4. Your approach to health in one sentence:
Balanced body and mind means eat clean, exercise often, be mindful, love and have too much fun.
5. Your approach to happiness in one sentence:
Do what fulfills you and surround yourself with positive people.
6. Your approach to dating/love in one sentence:
Don’t go out looking, when the timing is right the perfect person will come.
7. Most cringe date:
Honestly, I’ve never had an awful date. I’ve now been with my person for a while and we always have weird funny moments, but all perfect in their own.
8. Your most used word:
Don't go out looking; when the timing is right the perfect person will come.
9. Last Screenshot:
10. Most used emoji:
11. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
Dance class, wine, taking my puppies to the park
12. Most inspiring quote:
“I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget."
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
My colleague sitting next to me making extremely enthusiastic sales calls.
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
My Sam always makes me smile. He doesn’t have to do much, just seeing him after a long day is enough to make me happy. It’s weird how chemistry works like that!
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
Water is good, water is pure. (From my friends mom at a music festival lol)
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
Not being afraid to stop dancing(which is all I had ever known) and go out to explore what else my life could be.
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
Go to college, or you’ll never be anything. It can be amazing for some, but just in my own opinion, world experience counts for so much more.
18. Something you feel like saying:
I’m so happy it’s finally summer time!! Warm weather in nyc, letsss goooo!
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
Idk, I feel like most videos or links are attached to social media. But my most recent YouTube watch was on designer babies..which I’m so undecided about, by the way.
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
Traveling to new places and experiencing different cultures
21. Tag a gem who inspires you:
My friend Charis Martin in LA is pursuing her dreams and inspires me to never forget what I want in life.