Sharmaine Sermonia is the founder of Yawnicorn — an Instagram page dedicated to her daily design experiments. We were captivated by her use of gradients, highlighting Reading Lists, Rules for Living, and actionable ways to get through the inevitable bad day. Meet the designer behind the magic:
1. What is your life motto right now?
Everything that you’re going through is preparing you for what you asked for.
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
Naima’s Dream - The Mattsons 2
3. Your Top Three Books of All Time:
The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
Stillness is Key - Ryan Holiday
Four Hour Work Week - Tim Ferris
4. Your Approach to Health in One Sentence:
5. Your Approach to Happiness in One Sentence:
6. Your Approach to Dating in One Sentence:
7. Funny/most cringe-worthy date:
8. Your most used word:
9. Last screenshot:
10. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
Go for a walk, shower and watch a movie
11. Insert most used emoji:
🙃 🙃 🙃
12. Most inspiring quote:
(I always have to remind myself)
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Watching “The Daily Dose of Internet” with a cute cat
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
my family and my friends - they just know somehow and they’ll make me food or buy me one 🙃
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
Best advice from a Filipino mom is to work hard and be smart.
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
I started doing daily design challenge and it helps with my creative block.
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
18. Something you feel like saying:
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
get good sleep, coffee and good company!
21. Tag a gem who inspires you: