Verô Souza is the Founder of Verô Branding: the purposeful design studio for brands that help the world feel happier and healthier. It's evident when you speak to her that she really believes in what she's doing, cares a ton, and has pure intentions. P.S. She's having an upcoming ~free~ branding event for health & wellness business owners. Sign up here, spots are limited.
1. What is your life motto right now?
Do the work and trust the universe.
2. What's your most-played song within the past week? Why?
The entire Khruangbin "Con Todo El Mundo" album! Anytime I turn it on; it just feels right.
3. Your Top Three Books of All Time:
The Art of Communicating by Thich Nhat Hanh, The War of Art by Steven Pressfield and the current one I'm enjoying reading so much, Feck Perfuction by James Victore (one of my favorite designers).
4. Your Approach to Health in One Sentence:
Listen to your body and it’ll tell you what it needs.
5. Your Approach to Happiness in One Sentence:
“The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.”– Rumi
6. Your Approach to Dating in One Sentence:
Being open, respectful, and understanding with everyone around me.
7. Funny/most cringe-worthy date:
Last year, my boyfriend took me out on a date to the WWE SmackDown event. It was quite an experience.
8. Your most used word:
9. Last screenshot:
This little snippet from The Pattern App!
10. What are 1-3 things you do when you feel blue to make yourself feel better? / or feel like you’re having an off day?
Take a walk with my pup, Sophie
Marinate in the sunshine
11. Insert most used emoji:
"Do the work and trust the universe."
Images courtesy of Verô Branding
12. Most inspiring quote:
"Choosing friends is in itself an act of making poetry. Especially when I find a similar vibration, it's something fabulous." – Roberto Burle Marx
13. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Probably something silly, Sophie, my pup, did. She's a mixed breed but mostly husky, so, she's very vocal! It makes me laugh just reminiscing about it.
14. Who’s someone who you can rely on to always make you smile? Why/what do they do?
I'm always smiling for any reason, but my boyfriend and Sophie always make me smile no matter what. And my friends are the best too!
15. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
So many throughout the years, but one most recently that I received from my meditation teacher is to trust nature; it's a powerful force.
16. Someone/something that changed your life (for the better):
I'm SO grateful for all the people that I have crossed paths and continue to cross right now; each has taught me something different that changed my life in various ways. Most recently, I crossed paths with an amazing and powerful woman, Michelle Ward, my business mentor. She showed me that everything is possible with a mindset shift!
17. Most overrated advice / trend right now (in your opinion):
Templated designs. (booo!) I'm a big advocate for purposeful design, the kind of design that is mindful, thought out, and uniquely created. Seeing a bunch of trendy/copied/similar style brands makes me hyperventilate. But, like every trend, this too shall pass!
18. Something you feel like saying:
I’m so excited because I’m exclusively opening my calendar tomorrow to individually connect with business owners in the health and wellness space that need branding and design but don’t know where to begin. I’m giving you first dibs before it goes live to everyone tomorrow! Get on my calendar this week to talk with me 1:1, I’ll explain the branding process, answer all the questions you have, give your branding a professional assessment and I’ll even customize a package just for your brand! Save your spot in my calendar by booking time on this link. It’s free, spots are limited, and it’ll only be open until Sept 26th. I can’t wait to hear from you!
19. Fave website / youtube video / link online at the moment:
This Creative Mornings talk with Grace Bonney
20. Fill in the blank: I’m happiest when I: _______________________
am surrounded by the people I love and by nature.
21. Tag a gem who inspires you:
Alyssa Benjamin from Our Nature Podcast. I'm in love with her work and have learned so much from each episode.